Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

You're Cool Card



I recently bought a set of second hand Papertrey Ink stamps from Caryn in her Glitter Me Silly Sale. There's still some stamps available to buy if you wish to check it out.

One of the sets I bought was the Grunge Me Stamps. And when I saw this card over at Maskerade, I was definitely inspired to use the design as my muse. I loved the idea of using a white die cut circle on top of a square white card as the canvas.

I added a few stamped circles using another set from Inkadinkadoo which is probably no longer available. However they do complement the Grunge Me circles. I often prefer to go to geometric images in my stamps, preferring the graphic nature of them. And they're so versatile. You can use them in any style to suit.

That aside, all I can say is, at last, it's good to be stamping again.


7 comments:

Michele said...

I love the white on white effect! Fab stamping too x

kjjc said...

so please you are stamping again paul. Ive always liked your stamped creations. Go get messy again.lol.

Ardyth said...

HEY! What fun to see how my card inspired you! Love the more masculine feel. I completely agree with you about using graphic shapes. Thanks for the shout out!

J. Anthony Stubblefield said...

You have such a wonderful eye. And you always seem to find the coolest stamps and dies. You have definitely caused me to spend some money I wasn't expecting. ;-P

Craftychris said...

Fab card! Simplicity at its coolest! x

Anne Jagger said...

Lovely - simple and classy. And I'm talking about the card not me! ;) Anne x

alexa said...

Lovely - like a breath of fresh minty air :). I do love that stitching effect, which appears on quite a lot of your cards. Such a great textural touch.