Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Voodoo ATCs

Hello There Lovelies

I have a couple of cards to share today, made from ATCs I created from an online class I'm taking. It's called the Voodoo That You Do by Megan Suarez. It's been a different style of online class for me as the first lesson went up a month ago, lesson two a few days ago and lesson three to come at a further unknown date.

I'm an impatient so and so and in truth, how to draw the figures and colour in the faces has now been covered. I think I can figure out the rest, so I had a go at producing a couple of them and here are my results.



The only part I missed out was the splattered paint decoration. A step into messiness too far for my tastes. And though Megan teaches how to use a circular stencil to draw the figures, I did mine by hand which is why they look more, shall we say, organic? (and not rough lol).

I was tempted to coat them in triple gloss varnish as I've seen my friend Mark Gould do but opted instead to attach them to a couple of cards. I love how vibrant the backgrounds colours become when paired with the grey of the Voodoo guys.

7 comments:

Craftychris said...

These are so striking and quirky - fabulous! Love the colours. I can't draw at all! x

Jocelyn said...

Oh my goodness! How stinking cute are these.

alexa said...

Gosh, they certainly create an atmosphere! Very neatly done ...

Michele said...

These are fab, Paul - very striking! x

shazsilverwolf said...

Awesome! Love these, just my sort of thing. Love how you said 'porganic, not rough'. I shall be remembering that description- anything I draw has definite organic properties, lol. Shaz x

Unknown said...

Wow, those are a bit Nightmare Before Christmas. Didn't expect this from you at all, so you've surprised me, which is a good thing!

Monika Reeck said...

If you ask me I love the number two more agree with Richard it is nightmare before christmas..I love that Film Paul...and both are cute a little bit scarry... :)